SOLVED Troubleshoot Error : Windows 7 SP1 Installation was not successful

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
By Windows Club | June 22nd, 2010

Microsoft is expected to release Windows 7 SP1 in July 2010. If while installing Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, you get an “Installation was not successful” error message, then you might want to check out these troubleshooting steps.

The most common causes of this problem are:

• An inconsistency in the Windows Servicing Store. The Windows Servicing Store is a feature that is required to successfully install the service packs.
  • A program on your computer, such as antivirus or antispyware programs, is interfering with the installation of the service pack.
To try to solve this problem, first download and run the System Update Readiness Tool. The System Update Readiness Tool can help fix problems that might prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing.
After running the System Update Readiness Tool, try to install the service pack again.
If you still can’t install the service pack, follow these steps:

• Clear all temp files using Disk Cleanup utility.
  • Restart your computer.
  • After restarting, turn off all anti-virus and antispyware programs that might run during the startup process.
  • Try to install the service pack again.
  • After you’ve installed the service pack, turn on all antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
Sourced from : Windows Help.

Do note that Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 can only be installed on a computer that is running a German, Spanish, French, English, or Japanese version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I would post this for general info, in case anyone wants to try the Windows 7 SP1 Beta release.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOURCE

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks!

We're still talking about the beta right?

Edit: Oops I see that we are.

Ask a Question