Troubleshooters wont work

Reaction score
Windows aero wont work either so i tried the troubleshooter for it to fix it and all i get is "an error occured while troubleshooting:
an unexpected error has occured. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." and when i click error code it says
Package ID:aero diagnostic
path:C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\AERO
error code:0x80131700
source: engine
context:elevated

And its not just for this troubleshooter the network shooter wont work, none of them do i get the same error message. so i dont know wht to do and i need some help. :)

BTW im running Windows 7 Build 7100 on an asus K8V-X with 1.25 gb ram and AMD 64 3000+

Reaction score
Hi qaisAhmadyar - Welcome to the site

This sounds as if its a Video problem. Which video card are you running and have you installed the latest graphics utility for it?

The Aero features do not work with older cards. My onboard was borderline and did not function properly. I purchased a PCIe card and fixed my problems.

Reaction score
And its not just for this troubleshooter the network shooter wont work, none of them do i get the same error message. so i dont know wht to do and i need some help. :)

BTW im running Windows 7 Build 7100 on an asus K8V-X with 1.25 gb ram and AMD 64 3000+
I think you might have a damaged system file, namely an element in the running of the troubleshooter. Judging by the fact none of your troubleshooters work.

Try to repair your system. The next thing to try, if that doesn't work, would be a clean re-install.

Reaction score
I have an Nvidea Geo force FX 5200 and i cant reformatt windows, well i can but i dont want to right now because i have no way of backing up my good files

Ask a Question