Side effect after 'Admin gets control'

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope this interesting problem could trigger you attention and curiosity.

I guess most of you guys remember the register command file called 'Admin gets control', or sometimes called 'Grant Admin Full Control'.
After executing the register command file, the 'Admin gets control' option was successfully showing up in my right click menu as when I right clicked on any of the directories or files.
However, after running this option on most of the directories under my 'C:\', it seems the 'SYSTEM' user is excluded now from the 'Group or User Names' list (in the 'security' tab) from the 'Properties' dialog window of many folders.
Then, it seems begin to fail when some of the softwares are trying to do self update. They usually report file or directory permission problem.
This made me think I need to restore the 'SYSTEM' user to most of the directories and files.
So, I wonder if any of you have experienced similar side effect when playing with the 'Admin gets control' stuffs. And if yes, could you let me know if there is register command script to do such work?

Thanks in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is "Admin gets control" and where did you get it? A search I ran didn't seem to find anything related to software.

My guess is it is meant to do something similar to the "Take Ownership" script in our Freeware DB. But our script never takes anything away, it simply grants access to the current administrator also.

Permissions can be quite complicated and if whatever you ran messed them up it could be very difficult to get things back.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I have never heard of it either?
I worry when programs want to try and be in command of your computer.

Ask a Question