Setting up Win 7 Raid1 Array - Revisited

Reaction score
Experts,

When I first began using Win 7 and built my computer, I tried to set up RAID1, but I was unsuccessful. I was told it was due to driver incompatibility with Win 7, which wasn't commercial and therefore not supported, so too bad.

Now, I'm upgrading my Win 7 RC (finally) and I'm having the same problems. I have found another post (at link below) which shows pictures of the exact problem that I'm having, still. The only difference is that I cannot get a single driver to come up in the window.

https://www.w7forums.com/installing-windows-7-rc-raid-drive-array-t1310.html

I have contacted ASUS, downloaded drivers from their website as well as AMD, nothing. After reviewing the first screen that comes up, I'm wondering if I'm missing the boat, thinking it is looking for a RAID controller driver. The fact that it says "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" makes me think I need a DVD driver, but when I "Browse", it recognizes the drive and the folders on my boot disk in the drive. When I click OK, the box in the next screen of above post comes up. I have not found a driver for my DVD-ROM, but I did download an executable that is not recognized either.

I have set first boot priority to the DVD-ROM. I have tried using XP drivers (as another post suggested, link below).

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/132-63-windows-raid

Any ideas??? Surely there is a way to make this work.

I'm pretty new to this (this was my first build), and I'm trying to learn. Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sometimes the RAID drivers for the install you're mentioning are located on the motherboard driver disk. Look for folders within a folder, such as the RAID folder.

The sub-folders may be labeled: Floppy x64 & Floppy x86 (32 bit). Copy those folders to the thumb drive and proceed from there. You can also just "Browse" the driver CD.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi jephson

Just wondering why RAID 1 (mirror RAID) RAID 1 writes two copies of the data simultaneously on two separate drives called a fault tolerant because if one drive fails the remaining drive will continue to function, RAID 1 is popular with accounting etc, you will probably find the software for this on your Motherboard disks, good luck.

Ask a Question