SOLVED Error setting up windows 95/NT application in VM with Windows XP

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to install a program wich has in its minimum specifications the Windows 95/NT Operating system.

I have it running normally on a very old laptop (about 10 years old) that is running Windows 98 Home Edition with SP2 (from 2002). As this laptop is very old I tried to install it on VM running on a desktop with Windows 7.

I installed the latest VM on my Windows 7 system and created a VM with Windows XP Pro with SP3.

However when I try to setup the program (in the XP VM) I receive the following error message:
"Not possible to run Windows 16-bit programs" as the window title
"Not possible to locate the file <path of the setup file> (or one of its components). Make sure that the path and the name of the file are correct and that all necessary libraries are available" as the main text message.

Note: both XP systems (VM and laptop are 32-bit versions).

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?

I am trying to use the VM solution as I was not able to install the program directly under Windows 7.

I thank in advance for all the help that I might get.

Reaction score
I have managed to create images of the floppy drives of the program and, with that, I was abble to setup the software under the XP VM.

Ask a Question