Remove Windows 7 Compatibility mode

Reaction score
I have been trying to get Itunes or any IPOD software to work and recognize my IPOD. I even tried Windows XP SP2/SP3 compatibility and even though it says connected on my IPOD it will NOT show up in ITUNES.

I upgraded to the lastest RC 7100 and it kept the compatibility settings. When I run the program it pops up telling me to REMOVE the compatibility mode. When I RIGHT CLICK and goto properties/compatibility EVERYTHING is unchecked. I have tried running with admin priveledges, unchecking everything.. for some reason it won't remove the compatibility.

If i uninstall and RE-install it RE-applies the compatibility mode.....

Not sure how to remove it...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Personally, I'd do a clean install with the RC and just use the Windows Migration tools to move over your documents, e-mails and settings. I've got iTunes working no problem on a few Windows 7 machines, so it's probably some strange bug that would be easily fixed with a clean RC install.

Reaction score
yeah windows 7 and and itunes works fine for me too. The only think is it won't auto open on connection but it's not a huge problem, I just need to manually open it.

Ask a Question