Quick help about Windows 7

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Nibiru, thanks for pointing that out! If everyone who bought a 64 bit computer complained of "freezing", production would stop until an answer is found. The OEM's would be getting their pants sued off. And if someone were to buy one in that condition, and not do anything about it except complain on a forum, something's wrong besides the computer. If you were to buy a car, and the A/C didn't work, you would carry it back, wouldn't you? What's the difference here? Take the lemon back to where you got it from. On the other hand, if you built your own system, being that you are the OEM, it's your problem. The same applies to buying a used computer with no warranty. The number of satisfied 64 bit users far exceeds the unsatisfied users. If the opposite were true, everyone who holds a working 32 bit computer has a large chunk of cash waiting for them. The last time I looked, older computer prices are plunging fast. So evidently, the OEM's are doing something right.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just to add. I cannot agree with the negative comments, without prime examples, expressed in the thread, or, for that matter, generally on the web. For every post regarding 64Bit freezing, I could point to a post with the same comment regarding 32Bit. - They are generally few in number, but I would also add that, on a personal observation, there appear to be as many third party software programs which do not run in Windows 7, of any flavour, as there are specifically, those that will not run in Windows 7 64Bit.
P.S. I had to pop back. Just opened today's posts. Perhaps the OP would care to browse this thread, if he has deduced that 64Bit freezes, and 32Bit does not.:
https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-freezes-t114.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
64-bit Windows is better

With 32-bit Windows, you will be limited up to 4GB of RAM, and even then you can use only about 3.3GB of its capacity. But in 64-bit, 4GB of RAM is the minimum standard and you can run tons of applications with zero slowdown.

So, I think you should go ahead with 64-bit Windows 7

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You get both versions in the same package. You have the choice to install the one you want to.

Reaction score
64 bit is the next logical step in pc evolution. I'm running Win7 pro 64 bit. The only program issues I have had are some games by Blizzard, which do run fine, but the intial startup video's in these games run kinda blocky, games themselves run perfectly though.
A 64 bit OS will allow use of more RAM and allows more efficiant use of your hardware.
Yes some software developers are not quite up to the plate yet with their 64 bit apps, but they are coming. Go 64 bit.

Ask a Question