Question about a laptop battery

Reaction score
Hi guys! My buddy ErrorMagnet is having trouble with his laptop battery.
The tag with all the model info and stuff is warn off, there is basically nothing visible left on the battery. Is there a typical battery model that was included in the old Toshiba Satellite A505 laptops?

He can't even tell me which specific model number of the A505 he has. I'm asking, because we don't know what battery replacement he needs. Toshiba won't answer a single email or twitter message.

I don't know what mAh he needs or how many cells?

He can't find the manuals that came with the laptop, and the box is long gone.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Shintaro

Reaction score
Does the laptop power on screen say anything? (You know when you first turn the laptop on)

What about in the BIOS?

Once you know the model number they would be easy to pick up on eBay.

Reaction score
Does the laptop power on screen say anything? (You know when you first turn the laptop on)

What about in the BIOS?

Once you know the model number they would be easy to pick up on eBay.
nah, the bios and startup is so ...what's the word I'm looking for... messed up from so many different firmware updates, OS installations, and general crap, that it really doesn't give any useful info.

So Toshiba didn't use a standard battery?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
6 cell (4000 mAh) Lithium Ion battery pack

Contact Toshiba Support. I'm sure they can provide a part #.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Aparently there is a sticker inside the battery bay.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
There are probably two, at max three types of battery packs for that Toshiba. There's the 4400 mAh, the 6600 mAh and the 8800 mAh for the A505.

There should be a part number sticker on the battery itself. You're in Minnesota so you should be able to find new batteries at a Batteries Plus store or their online website.

The A505 model should use the same battery part regardless of which sub-model he has. There's just different mAh capacities. Prices run from about $28 to $90 depending on where you purchase it and which mAh capacity you choose.

Ask a Question