Problem with Windows Experience Index


B

Barry

I have Win7 Home Premium (factory installed) I just noticed that the
Windows Experience Index (WEI)
shows RAM and PROCESSOR as NOT AVAILABLE.. The machine runs fine ,and I know
that I have 8g of RAM.
Any reason why WEI does not recognize Ram and Processor now..
Thanks in advance
Barry Austex
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

SC Tom

Barry said:
I have Win7 Home Premium (factory installed) I just noticed that the
Windows Experience Index (WEI)
shows RAM and PROCESSOR as NOT AVAILABLE.. The machine runs fine ,and I
know that I have 8g of RAM.
Any reason why WEI does not recognize Ram and Processor now..
Thanks in advance
Barry Austex
Have you tried to "Re-run the assessment"? Does it still show Processor and
RAM as nit available?
 
C

chris hallsworth

Hi.
Try refreshing the Windows Experience Index.
Take care.
 
B

Barry

Dumb Question................. Where do I "REFRESH" at, can't find that
option on the Windows Experience Index Page. :>(
Barry/AusTex
 
S

SC Tom

Barry said:
Dumb Question................. Where do I "REFRESH" at, can't find that
option on the Windows Experience Index Page. :>(
Barry/AusTex
To refresh it, you re-run it.
 
R

R. C. White

?Hi, Barry.

The word "Refresh" doesn't appear there. And the actual wording changes a
bit from one version to the next. In my system, there is a icon labeled
"Re-run the assessment". Do you have something that reads anything like
that?

There are several ways to get to this page. My favorite is to hold down the
Start key while pressing the Pause/Break key. Keyboards vary, but usually
the Pause/Break key is in the upper right area; you may need to press a
Function key to toggle it from Pause to Break. The System Properties window
should pop up in your face. Once you are at the System page, you can click
the WEI, or Performance Information and Tools on the left menu.

Please clarify some conflicting remarks: You started this thread by saying,
"I have Win7 Home Premium (factory installed)..." But in your OTHER thread
you said, "I use Windows 7 Professional 32 bit."

On the System page, note "System type". Does it say "64-bit Operating
System"? If not, your computer has 32-bit Win7 installed, even if the
hardware is 64-bit. This is NOT an unusual situation; many vendors install
32-bit Windows on 64-bit hardware. If 32-bit Windows is installed, then no
matter how much RAM is installed, the system can see and use a max of 4 GB,
and some of this uses address space reserved for video and other functions,
leaving only about 3.1 GB (usually - it varies) available to the user.

I haven't seen this, but your OEM may have "dumbed down" the reporting on
your machine. If you tell us the make and model of your computer, someone
here might recognize it and have some useful advice.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
(e-mail address removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP (2002-9/30/10)
Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3504.1109) in Win7 Ultimate x64
SP1 RC


"Barry" wrote in message

Dumb Question................. Where do I "REFRESH" at, can't find that
option on the Windows Experience Index Page. :>(
Barry/AusTex
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Barry

R. C. White said:
?Hi, Barry.

The word "Refresh" doesn't appear there. And the actual wording changes a
bit from one version to the next. In my system, there is a icon labeled
"Re-run the assessment". Do you have something that reads anything like
that?

There are several ways to get to this page. My favorite is to hold down
the Start key while pressing the Pause/Break key. Keyboards vary, but
usually the Pause/Break key is in the upper right area; you may need to
press a Function key to toggle it from Pause to Break. The System
Properties window should pop up in your face. Once you are at the System
page, you can click the WEI, or Performance Information and Tools on the
left menu.

Please clarify some conflicting remarks: You started this thread by
saying, "I have Win7 Home Premium (factory installed)..." But in your
OTHER thread you said, "I use Windows 7 Professional 32 bit."

"I never said that I use WIN7 professional 32 bit"
Check the "HI ALL" Thread, that's where you may have thought I said that.
Anyways I've tried every combination, to get that RAM and Processor, to show
vs Not Available.
No Luck..... My computer is running fine, so why worry 'bout the small
stuff.
Thanks
Barry/Austex
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top