Problem with this forum

Reaction score
I was beginning to think no one had the answer to my problem, then I looked closer and realised no one has the answers to ANYONES problems. Is this a real Windows 7 forum or not?
w7f.JPG

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows 7 is quite far along in its' lifecycle; Microsoft even ended mainstreme support for it on January 13, 2015 (though they will continue to provide security updates till January 14, 2020). Answers on this forum are provided by other members who provide their knowledge free of charge when they are able. The pool of individuals still using Win7 is getting smaller and smaller because most have moved on to Windows 8 or Windows 10 and the pool of those that have time and are willing to help for free has always been a tiny sampling anyway.

So most of the usual/basic/standard Windows 7 questions have been asked & answered 100s of times now and can easily be found with a search; the ones that tend to get asked now are often quite specific to a piece of software or hardware that isn't really part of the Windows 7 Operating System at all. (Sure there are exceptions like the Windows Updates not working but unfortunately in that case I have yet to see an answer that many users have found to be a solution)

Your question wasn't about Windows 7 at all. Chrome is not specific to Windows 7 and does not come with it, it is software. By your own words you asked on a Chrome forum, which was your best hope, but could not get an answer you were able to use so then you came here. We allow you to post software questions here in the off chance someone who has seen the issue & knows a solution might share it with you and the world ... we give you a chance, but it is probably a small chance.

So what you should probably look at is the Views, that's how many people looked at the post and unfortunately of those people no one had an idea they thought would help. Maybe as more time passes and it gets into more search results someone will see it and post their idea or solution. In fact, if you have a response that might help an unsolved post up there then please share it in that thread. And if you get or figure out the solution to your Chrome issue, by all means post that information in your thread & mark it solved because it may help the next person.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question