Pre-Order Windows 7 at a reduced price

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Microsoft have released details of a pre-order offer for those that participated in the Beta/RC. It will cost as little as $49 or (£49 for those in the UK) for the Home Premium version upgrade (and full version for the UK).

Windows 7 is coming on October 22, 2009. Here's an easy way to get it fast and save a bundle: Pre-order a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade for $49** or a Windows 7 Professional Upgrade for $99.** That's about half off the estimated retail prices. This offer is available through participating retailers. Pick one below and pre-order today. They'll tell you how to get your copy when Windows 7 is available.
In the US : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/pre-order.aspx
In the UK : http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order.aspx

Reaction score
Nice so if all of us in the us have ian buy it for us it will cost around 31.64 USD woot

so Ian would you order for me I could buy at least 3 Ultimates at the price of 219 E for only 425$ woot that would be a full upgrade for the price of a cheep comp with W7 on it..

seriously any word about if they are doing upgrades fi you buy a computer with out W7 now

Reaction score
How many upgrades are we allowed with each copy. I presume its 3 but having trouble finding evidence to support my thoughts.

Reaction score
I may be doing something wrong but I don't see how we can pre-order from your site? You just seem to have a link to the Microsoft download store. This will not allow me to pre-order as I am in the UK.

Is there anybody in the USA willing to do a download pre-order for me? I will send you the money via PayPal. If I can get a USA pre-order download for the premium edition it will cost me £30 ($50). If I have to wait until July to be able to do the UK pre-order it will cost me £49.99 ($82.50). I want the 64 bit version.

Last edited:

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I said you can pre-order THROUGH my site, not FROM. ;)

You have to order from MS, you cannot download anything at this point; the final version of Windows 7 has not been released.

If you look at the top right corner of the MS Store page, you can change the country to UK.

Reaction score
I said you can pre-order THROUGH my site, not FROM. ;)

You have to order from MS, you cannot download anything at this point; the final version of Windows 7 has not been released.

If you look at the top right corner of the MS Store page, you can change the country to UK.
I realise you cannot download it yet. I just wanted somebody in USA to pre-order the download so when it is released I can download it and save money as it is cheaper in the USA than the UK. If you change the link to the UK you cannot pre-order yet. The current offer for the UK is buy Vista now and get seven for free when it is released. As the cheapest version of Vista is £166.37 ($274.50) it is not much of an offer lol.

Pre-orders of seven for the UK start from July 15th.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't seem to see the retailers to pre-order from?
If your from the UK, and you selected the UK option on the drop down box, then I am having the same problem. It doesnt look like MS have released retailers for us Brits yet. They have released them for the other countries but not us :confused:

Reaction score
Windows 7 reduced prices for testers

I am disgusted. Once again people who are unfortunate enough to live outside the USA Canada and The Uk don't qualify. I have been a loyal tester of Microsoft products for some time and this is the thanks one gets.

I have approached Microsoft in South Africa with the clear question "why not here" and got the usual passing the buck answer "I spoke to the product Manager who says it wont be available in South Africa." Jeez I know that ..I want to know why?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am disgusted. Once again people who are unfortunate enough to live outside the USA Canada and The Uk don't qualify. I have been a loyal tester of Microsoft products for some time and this is the thanks one gets.
I think Japan, France and Germany are included in the pre-order offers too - but I'm not sure on that. I imagine it must be very frustrating to not be able to pre-order it in SA (or any other country!). I'd also be interested to know why this isn't international, but I suppose it's just because they feel they don't need to do it outside of the larger GDP countries with more influence - still, it's not very fair though.

Reaction score
Thanks for the email on this Ian :)

so if i go to my local pcworld on the 15th of july i can pre-order a copy of windows 7 for £49.99 ?

Ask a Question