Pre-Order Windows 7 at a reduced price

Reaction score
I don't have my currency translator out right now but I can tell you in the US, bestbuy's website had a preorder deal for home premium at $49.99. That is a good price to me. That's [FONT=&quot]€[/FONT]35.38 in euros. Also [FONT=&quot]£30.39 in pounds[/FONT] I decided to translate it after all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In fact there was one store in the US did a weekend deal for $39.99 = 28.4EUR = £ 24.44GBP

The EU always gets hit for much more than the US.

It is a deliberate differential pricing policy by MS.

It is where they make most of their profit.

The price differential on the pre order deal is not quite as large as originally feared , because at least the EU gets the install media included.

That is if you buy from a 3rd party online retailer.

I think if you buy from MS Store - EU still has to pay extra for the physical media.

Much more of a concern is the limitation on the install media that will work with an E key.

Could be a real PITA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have my currency translator out right now but I can tell you in the US, bestbuy's website had a preorder deal for home premium at $49.99. That is a good price to me. That's [FONT=&quot]€[/FONT]35.38 in euros. Also [FONT=&quot]£30.39 in pounds[/FONT] I decided to translate it after all.
Don't forget the US was an Upgrade not the Full Version. Europe's deal is the Full Version. The Full Version will naturally cost more than Upgrade

Reaction score
Not naturally in this case, though,

The EU Upgrade prices set by MS are exactly that.

They would ( and will be ) the prices that apply to EU upgrade versions.

If EU upgrade were available now, they would be that exact same EU Upgrade price, i.e. £49.99 and £99.99 on the pre order deal.

It is not possible to get a version of 7 in the EU for anywhere near what the Americans are charged.

It would not have been possible even if there were E upgrade versions available now.

It has always been the case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
cant believe i missed out on the amazon deal. FECK!

Also has anyone noticed the w7 forum navigation being reaaalllly slow??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll update the offer thread with the links to the new best prices at Dixons/Currys this weekend :)

As for the site speed, I've created a new thread on that here to get some more info on it so I can look in to it.

Ask a Question