Windows 7 pre-order licenses?

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I was wondering about this. Basically I was thinking, how many licenses are on the pre-order for us beta testers? I have been searching the web and found nothing.
Can we install it on 1 computer, 2,3,4?
If anyone has any info it would be deeply appreciated :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It will just be for 1 computer, so 1 license = 1 PC :)

Only a couple of weeks till we're able to order it in the UK, but the bonus is it's the full version rather than upgrade :D

Reaction score
Same ol' same ol'. One license is one computer.

Reaction score
Thats a bit rubbish, so we are paying £100 for 1 computer? What about the public release in October, will that be the same?
£100 for 1 computer is awful, have they done that with every version of windows, because on XP I did it installed it about 3/4 times, on different PC's.

Reaction score
The public release is what you paid for. It'll arrive at your door on October 22-24, just like everyone else. The only bonus is that you got a preorder discount.

All versions of Windows since Windows 3.11 have only been licensed for one computer at a time. You can uninstall the copy and install it on another PC, but all Windows licenses except the VLK are limited to one active PC at a time. Any other installation pattern is technically illegal.

Reaction score
Ok, since windows 3.11 it has only ever been alowed for 1 computer, my version of XP (upgrade disk by the way) , has always been able to install on multiple computers.
I never moded it or changed any files? Why is this?

Reaction score
Sure, you can install Windows on multiple computers, but you're violating the end user license agreement, and that's a felonious breech of contract in the United States, Canada and EU.

Just because you can do something with the disc doesn't mean it was legal.

Reaction score
I think I would rather pay 1/3 the price for one install. That would be less confusing for all to understand. And no breach of contract. If you need more there is always the TechNet subscription.

Reaction score
Thats a bit rubbish, so we are paying £100 for 1 computer? What about the public release in October, will that be the same?
£100 for 1 computer is awful, have they done that with every version of windows, because on XP I did it installed it about 3/4 times, on different PC's.

Thats why alot of people are waiting/waited to buy computers before Windows 7 free upgrade was available or Windows 7 comes installed on computers. It affected the computer manufacturers big time also.

Ask a Question