Windows 7 Pre-orders start to arrive

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've spoken to a few people in the UK that have seen their Windows 7 pre-order DVD's arrive today :D That's a few days earlier than expected, but great news for those eagerly waiting :)

Anyone here get their copy today?

Reaction score
My copy arrived today. Windows Home Premium via PC World. Just done a quick backup which took all of ten minutes to burn to DVD and now have it installed and running without any problems :D

Reaction score
LIESSSSSS.
i preordered mine with the £30 offer, so its a digital download, which i DONT think ill be getting until the 22nd at least
>:C laaaaaame

Reaction score
You may not get the download untill the release date. The only reason some people have it early is because of the planned postage strike. Users who have ordred through DGM Retail (ie: Curry's, PC World) have had their orders shiped early to avoid any delays brought by the strike. At least you only have 2 days to go and you got it 20 quid cheaper!

Reaction score
I have just received a email from Currys to say my ordered copy of win 7 Pro. will be shipped from their warehouse on wednesday and delivered by the Post Office and may take 5 - 7 days to arrive.
Ken

Reaction score
Yup!

I got mine yesterday from Currys via DGM Retail.....all the way up to Aberdeen , Scotland !

2 x DVDs: 1 x 32bit version , 1 x 64bit version

Am going to remove existing hard drive(Vista , 200GB) and install Windows7 on a 320GB Western Digital.

Life is good when it goes like it should. 80)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Here in my neck of Canada there has been nothing shipped yet, the projected ship dates are late Oct to early Novenber according to Amazon.ca O_O

Reaction score
The reply I got from amazon.co.uk when I emailed them this morning.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concerns about your order # xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium".

I wish to take this opportunity to assure you that Amazon.co.uk will be doing everything it can to ensure that customer orders are not disrupted as a result of Industrial Action at Royal Mail. This will include routing orders through our other carrier partners.

Your order is currently due to ship today, 21st October, by express delivery and should be with you tomorrow.
Busy backing up my personal data ready to wipe the hard disk for a complete install.

Reaction score
Just checked on amazon.co.uk and something's happening because I can't find the order!!!!

Double checked that I didn't cancel the order by mistake and hoping its just a quirk of their ordering system.

Reaction score
According to amazon.co.uk my order has been dispatched by Royal Mail and should arrive on 24th.

Not sure how the different estimates of the website and the email will be resolved, probably neither will be true :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you'll just need to wait and see if/how the postal strike affects your delivery - hopefully it won't be too long :)

Reaction score
Ahh, I'm anxious to start the download tomorrow from the student offer.
I'm going to wait until I get a nicer hard drive until I install it though. The drive the RC is on is an 160Gb IDE, with XP on a 80Gb SATA. Better wait and get a nice new HDD for Win7 Pro.
Until, the RC should do just fine.

Reaction score
ONE MORE DAAAAAYYYY!!!!
£30 for W7 pro is bargin of the century. Next to PS3 Fifa 10 for £25.

Why do I get the feeling my download isnt going to go smoothly...or the burn will go wrong...or something, anything else....

*fear*

Reaction score
Haha, I echo that. So many people will be trying to get at the download, it will take even longer than usual.

Reaction score
Hm.... do you think itll be available from after 00:00???? (EST GMT w/e)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Amazon.ca confirmed that my Windows 7 shipped out today with a projected delivery of early next week. I've never seen such a long delivery time frame from Amazon and am hoping I get it earlier. *cross fingers*

Reaction score
My copy was posted yesterday (21st) according to Amazon.co.uk but since I live in France I am not sure when it will arrive. Hopefully on Saturday as my XP system died a few days ago :-(

Reaction score
Ah, lucky people, I'm still waiting for the e-mail! I'm dreading the 6 hour download though.... *shiver*

Ask a Question