What retailers are being elegible for the 'Pre-order offer'.

Reaction score
As the title suggests, It doesn't tell you on the MS website what participating retailers, are doing this offer. Well, not on my PC anyway?
Preferably in the UK please. :)

Reaction score
I had a search on the UK version of Amazon, and they are doing it on there, but the date is not being given out. I suppose it will be when MS said, 26th of july wasn't it?

Reaction score
From July 15th we'll be able to pre-order it in the UK - only a couple of weeks to wait :)
Thats fantastic! Do you know any retailers like PC world or maplins, I assume your in the UK as you said, 'we`ll'. Or would it be just online retailers like, amazon and play.com?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats fantastic! Do you know any retailers like PC world or maplins, I assume your in the UK as you said, 'we`ll'. Or would it be just online retailers like, amazon and play.com?
Yep, I'm in the UK too. I don't know where we'll be able to use the pre-order offer - but I guess it will be some of the big names online like you suggested (almost certainly Amazon). :)

Reaction score
So you dont think it will the big store names then, PCworld (my favourite!)
The thing is couldn`t the public be able to get this in advance, and take advantage if they know?

Reaction score
Thanks Kougar and Ian for your support, I appreciate this, if their are any other UK members on the site, who know where to buy it please enlighten me. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Thanks Kougar and Ian for your support, I appreciate this, if their are any other UK members on the site, who know where to buy it please enlighten me. Thanks :)
I guess we have to wait for a couple of days/weeks till MS announces the cooperating retailers..

btw, I have a few quick questions...

1)who is eligible for the pre-order??? do we need original XP or Vista? I am running original xp on my netbook and win 7 RC on my brand new desktop and I need the new win 7 for my desktop...

if I need an original version of an MS system, then could I possibly make use of the XP distribution of the netbook, but install the win7 on my desktop

2) is the order on for 64bit versions?

3) is it gonna be for one license or I could also possibly install it on my netbook??..

Reaction score
1) Anyone is eligible for the preorder.
2) The preorder nets you x86 and x64 binaries, but the method behind how a user selects his or her version is unclear.
3) Just like every other Microsoft Windows license, it's for one PC.

Reaction score
Ok well i can answer question 3 due to my thread posted
It is basically, it is only intended for one computer, and legal for 1, but is illegal to install on two or more, but MS dont stop you.
Oh yeah and question 2, yes it can work on 64bit versions.
Fine I will answer 1, since I have done both :) We are all entitled to the pre-order offer, especially us beta, and R/C testers, but it is open to the public too, only if they know that is, pretty snicky of MS eh.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
You have a point there olg207, I've spoken to a few friends about Windows 7 and even mentioned it was now available for pre-order and they were dumbfounded....never heard of the preorder at all.

Ask a Question