Please help with BSODs

Reaction score
ok another blue screen,

this is on a windows installation that is 2-3 mins fresh

there are no drivers installed yet but i find it wierd that it would bsod like that

Attachments

Reaction score
Code:
CACHE_MANAGER (34)
    See the comment for FAT_FILE_SYSTEM (0x23)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000050830
Arg2: fffff88003185708
Arg3: fffff88003184f60
Arg4: fffff800029eff8c

Debugging Details:
------------------
If you have a usb stick attached, it is causing the error right now. You should have just removed sptd.sys before as I said and then posted new crashes if needed.

Reaction score
Hi havocas

Your minidump revealed the following message
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 34, {50830, fffff88003185708, fffff88003184f60, fffff800029eff8c}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------
Sadly I'm new to reading minidumps and still a bit confused with the reported cause.

Have you tried removing your memory modules and then re-seating them in the slots. I have had BSOD's related to badly seated hardware in the past. Definitely a thought worth thinking about.

I am trying to figure out why you have a driver dated back as far as 2006 on a fresh install.

Do you have a program installed called "Macrovision SafeDisc"? A quick search shows this program is the only one linked to the following driver.
secdrv.SYS Wed Sep 13 08:18:38 2006

Reaction score
Code:
CACHE_MANAGER (34)
    See the comment for FAT_FILE_SYSTEM (0x23)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000050830
Arg2: fffff88003185708
Arg3: fffff88003184f60
Arg4: fffff800029eff8c

Debugging Details:
------------------
If you have a usb stick attached, it is causing the error right now. You should have just removed sptd.sys before as I said and then posted new crashes if needed.
there is nothing attached to my computer except the speakers and the monitor right now. i dont have a usb attached to it.

I couldnt log on to windows as it said my sptd.sys file was missing. i tried to repair using the windows 7 cd but the same error. i had no choice but to reinstall.

is this more likely a hardware problem?

im in the process of installing all the updates you intitally mentioned.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Somehow, you do have a FAT volume on the pc, somewhere. It is causing the current issue.

Secdrv.sys is known well and that one never needs any attention. It can be ignored, always, regardless of date. :)

Reaction score
Hi havocas

Your minidump revealed the following message
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 34, {50830, fffff88003185708, fffff88003184f60, fffff800029eff8c}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------
Sadly I'm new to reading minidumps and still a bit confused with the reported cause.

Have you tried removing your memory modules and then re-seating them in the slots. I have had BSOD's related to badly seated hardware in the past. Definitely a thought worth thinking about.

I am trying to figure out why you have a driver dated back as far as 2006 on a fresh install.

Do you have a program installed called "Macrovision SafeDisc"? A quick search shows this program is the only one linked to the following driver.
secdrv.SYS Wed Sep 13 08:18:38 2006
Thanks for your post.

The memory has been checked and i ran memtest on each stick individually and over night. no problems. the hardware company said they replaced them, the cpu and motherboard. I keep thinking thats not true and they are just making excuses to not replace the machine. it is still under warranty this machine but i cant give it back as the company said it is 4 months old.

i have no idea on those drivers.

the fact it bsod on windows installed after i deleted the previous windows install baffles me. and then to bsod as soon as i get to the desktop is again baffling. then to have 2006 drivers as you say well i dont know what else to say.

Reaction score
Somehow, you do have a FAT volume on the pc, somewhere. It is causing the current issue.

Secdrv.sys is known well and that one never needs any attention. It can be ignored, always, regardless of date. :)
thanks for that. when i installed windows 7 i deleted all the existing partitions. is there something else that needs to be done to delete a volume?

Reaction score
You could post a screen shot of disk management if you want.

If you have a floppy inserted, remove it. If you have any external storage, remove it.

Reaction score
Open an elevated command prompt. Run this command:

chkdsk /r

Follow the on-screen directions.

-----------

Norton could have caused hard drive corruption when you previously had it. It does this quite often of the many things it does. This will repair it if so.

Both crashes are involved here with the file system, again.

(Nice Norton, heh.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion

i ran chkdsk earlier when someone mentioned it using chkdsk /f /r (something like that)

no change with the bsod

this is just something inherently wrong with the computer. I mean it bsod when i was doing a fresh installation of windows 7, bsod when i finally did the installation and got to the desktop, bsod after installing all the drivers you mentioned, and again this morning as i was heading to work bsod again.

It has to be a hardware problem and i think it must be the hard drive as thats the only thing that hasnt been replaced.

Called the company from where the whole system was purchased and they have decided to collect the machine and replace the whole system. They havent been able to fix the problem but i dont think anyone....

Reaction score
It may be possible to have the company replace the computer, as you stated it is still under warranty.

I am not very computer literate, software or hardware.So the following,( in my limited way), is what I would try.

If replacement of the complete unit is out of the question,

Shut the unit down, remove all exterior hardware except the mouse. keyboard and monitor.
If there are interior cards, such as video and sound these would be removed.
While the case is open I would check all connections particularly the memory.
A motherboard, operating system disc and activation key needs to be available.
I would stay off line and reinstall the O.S. and MB drivers.
At this point if b.s.o.d.happen, to me this indicates MB drivers and/or hardware.
If no b.s.o.d. then run some built in applications, WordPad, Paint.
If everything functions, then the next step is adding items.
If no problem occurs I would go on line and update the O.S.
Continue adding until a problem occurs.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What you have here is basically a "lemon" machine. It may be the hard drive as you state. If the company you bought it from has replaced the RAM, CPU and motherboard; then the only other culprit is the hard drive. Have them check you power supply's voltage outputs and make sure those are up to spec. You may be having power supply issues here. Sometimes they can cause sneaky issues. It's rare but does happen. Be sure to have it checked using voltage meters so output may be verified.

Finally after looking at your machine's spec at the website link you posted I see you're running a Seagate hard drive. I am not knocking Seagate, I used to use them a few years ago, but they have been suffering some quality issues lately that they didn't used to have a few years ago. Try substituting a Western Digital or Samsung hard drive and see what results you get, especially if your power supply is working correctly.

Be sure the latest BIOS firmware is installed on the motherboard too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you all for the contribution.

The company has decided to replace the whole machine. The Lemon has been packed up and sent back to them today.

Hopefully new system coming Thursday.

Reaction score
:) Hope your new computer is a real gem and gives years of good service.

Reaction score
hi guys

well they didnt replace my computer but they said they replaced the hard drive and motherboard but i just got two blue screens

can the power supply from my flat be the cause of the problem?

could it be the keyboard or mouse or monitor or anything else?

Dumps have been uploaded

thank you

Attachments

Reaction score
No, 100% can not be power supply or keyboard, mouse or monitor.

1) Update Realtek Audio driver. Do exactly like this -

Open device manager. Right click it and choose uninstall. Then check the box to delete the driver. Hit ok and continue uninstalling:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 18 05:29:10 2009

When done, install this:

RtkHDAudio

Reboot.

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

If RtHDMIVX.sys is there, rename it to RtHDMIVX.BAK.

Reboot.

3) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Jul 30 07:58:43 2009

RTL8111

4) Update video card driver:

atikmpag atikmpag.sys Wed Aug 25 21:20:56 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

---------

If you follow this precisely as shown, it will be cool. Let me know how you get on with it. :)

Reaction score
No, 100% can not be power supply or keyboard, mouse or monitor.

1) Update Realtek Audio driver. Do exactly like this -

Open device manager. Right click it and choose uninstall. Then check the box to delete the driver. Hit ok and continue uninstalling:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 18 05:29:10 2009

When done, install this:

RtkHDAudio

Reboot.

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

If RtHDMIVX.sys is there, rename it to RtHDMIVX.BAK.

Reboot.

3) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Jul 30 07:58:43 2009

RTL8111

4) Update video card driver:

atikmpag atikmpag.sys Wed Aug 25 21:20:56 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

---------

If you follow this precisely as shown, it will be cool. Let me know how you get on with it. :)
Well, i isolated the problem only happening when online and so i downloaded the driver which Torrent told me to update the realtek lan driver and everything seems to fine

for now anyways, but no blue screens for the last 2 weeks

just out of interest why would a faulty driver like that cause blue screeens when connected the internet?

Ask a Question