BOOTMGR error........Please help

Reaction score
I have either Windows 7 Home or Ultimate, I'm not sure. I was doing a restart and left my flash drive in the USB slot while rebooting. I think I screwed up the Master Boot record. The error I'm getting now is stating BootMgr is missing, press ctrl+Alt+Del. I don't have the Windows boot disk, I looked before posting this thread, so I can't do a windows repair. Is there any way around fixing this. Please advise..............Thanks

Reaction score
I am NOT qualified to answer your question, but if this happened to me, the first thing I'd try is to Run...

bootrecexe /fixmbr

Reaction score
I am NOT qualified to answer your question, but if this happened to me, the first thing I'd try is to Run...

bootrecexe /fixmbr
That's not going to work. I can't even get to a command prompt. What I need is a windows 7 repair or recovery disk that I can install to my USB drive and also I can't find my serial number so I need something without having to put in my serial number.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A flash drive in the computer could not have any effect unless the USB was bootable & the USB drive is set to be checked prior to the hard drive. Did you try to create a dual-boot or install some version of Linux from USB? If that is what happened then if you can find a copy of W7 you can use another computer to create a bootable flash drive with W7 Install on it. Then you can boot the damaged computer to the W7 Install flash drive & use the additional options to get to a DOS prompt & try the option above.

But more likely you have a hard drive problem such as a crash & because of that there is no boot info found. In which case you'll need a new hard drive & probably a new copy of W7 unless you have a backup.

Ask a Question