Please help! No sound device installed on Windows 7!!! Sound and webcam doesn't

Reaction score
For about 2 weeks ago my battery on my laptop (ASUS Eee PC - Windows 7) got low and the computer turned off. When I turned it on again the sound on the computer didn't work, the sound symbole on the right corner on the bottom has a red X sign. I've just recovered my computer to fabric-new and the sound still doesn't work and the red X symbole is still there.

When clicking on the sound symbole with the red X on the right corner in the bottom it says "identifying problem..." and then it says that it couldn't identify the problem... My webcam on the computer doesn't work either after that.

On control panel it says "no audio device installed" and when I deleted RealTek and downloaded it again it still doesn't work!!

Please help I don't know what to doooo :confused:

Shintaro

Reaction score
What is the model number? We need hardware information.

What drivers exactly did you download?

Shintaro

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but all I can suggest is running all the updates for the laptop.

Sorry.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm hoping your have W7 32-bit installed because from the looks of the ASUS drivers page it doesn't support 64-bit for that laptop.

I would download & install the Audio driver listed on the ASUS website HERE

Also listed under Utilities is an "ECam utility" which may be your camera driver.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Did you uninstall the Audio driver, reboot, reinstall??

Did you get a chance to update the other drivers?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Open control panel>device manager. Expand sound, video & game controllers and post a screenshot.

Reaction score
How do you mean?

Here are some screenshots. my computer is in swedish (since I live there) so I hope you kinda get the picture of it :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In any other sections of device manager do you have a yellow warning indicating something is not working properly?

Unless you are missing a controller driver I can not think of a reason your sound card would not be detected other than actual physical damage, which is a possibility.

Reaction score
No I don't have any yellow warnings. Missing a controller driver? What can I do about it? Can I somehow take in and out the sound card? Would that help? Where is it placed?

Shintaro

Reaction score
What happens when you "Scan for hardware changes"

It is in Device MAnager -> Action -> "Scan for hardware changes"

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In a notebook (and in most desktops these days) the controllers and sound card are integrated onto the motherboard. The only reason I hoped it might be missing a controller driver is because that is the only non-hardware failure reason I could think of as to why it wouldn't see the sound card.

Do you have any restore points prior to when it failed? If you have an old restore point I would try that. If you have a W7 Install DVD or restore disk I would run the repair option. And if none of that helped, which I suspect it won't, then I would back up my data to an external HD with Windows Easy Transfer and then I would take one last try with a full install. I truly suspect your computer is physically damaged and none of this will fix it but I would try it before I absolutely gave up.

Sorry, that's the best that comes to mind. Maybe somebody else will come along with another idea.

Reaction score
HELP- No sound for myDell Notebook model PPO6S that i repaired 2 months ago but once i started up after the welcome page display there's an icon about "Really Effective" sound control v2.15 version installed but i don't get any sound or hum thereof.

Ask a Question