No Sound, Tried Everything, Please Help!

Reaction score
I've had no sound on my Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium for a couple of weeks. I've tried many different solutions from multiple websites, but I still have no sound. The drivers are all working properly, but there's no sound from the external speakers that I plugged in, the integrated speakers in the monitor, or my headphones. The troubleshooter can't find anything, and I've even reinstalled Windows 7 just now, but there's still no sound. When I click the sound icon on the taskbar and change the volume, the green bar moves, but I still don't hear the beeps from my speakers. The sound used to work fine before, on Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, but it suddenly stopped. What should I do?

Reaction score
thesound could be going through a different out put. to check this right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose playback devices and have a look there. OR the problem could be with your speakers or sound card ( broken wire in your speaker perhaps??)

Reaction score
Hi MaHiRzDaMaN - Welcome to w7forums

Try disabling the front port jack detection and then try your sound by testing on all ports.

Reaction score
thesound could be going through a different out put. to check this right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose playback devices and have a look there. OR the problem could be with your speakers or sound card ( broken wire in your speaker perhaps??)
I don't think the wire's broken because there is no sound for any of the three outputs, and I've tested all of them.

Reaction score
Type msinfo32 in the start menu then hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type while replying.

We can see if there are any driver updates for your hardware.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Also could you confirm it did work in windows 7 in the past and then it went bad 2 weeks ago or did you just install Windows 7 a couple weeks ago and you haven't had sound since going to W7?

Reaction score
Also could you confirm it did work in windows 7 in the past and then it went bad 2 weeks ago or did you just install Windows 7 a couple weeks ago and you haven't had sound since going to W7?
It worked in the past on Windows 7, and then suddenly stopped.

Reaction score
UPDATE: I plugged the headphones in and tried to do a sound test and watch videos, but the volume is really really low. I had to have perfect silence to hear it. The volume is turned up all the way on my computer in the sound icon, so I don't know why the volume is really low. This probably happened with my speakers too, but it was too low to hear. I plugged the headphones into the audio inputs on the front and rear of the computer, and both had the same effect.

Reaction score
As I thought, but I had to confirm. You have Realtek HD audio with an old driver from early last year. Here's the latest driver to install.

To do so quicker, open device manager. Right click on the Realtek audio and choose uninstall. Then check the box to delete the driver too. Hit ok.

Then install the Windows 7 64 bit driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Reboot.

Reaction score
As I thought, but I had to confirm. You have Realtek HD audio with an old driver from early last year. Here's the latest driver to install.

To do so quicker, open device manager. Right click on the Realtek audio and choose uninstall. Then check the box to delete the driver too. Hit ok.

Then install the Windows 7 64 bit driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Reboot.
I can't install that. When I clicked the box and clicked 'Next', it said "Object moved to here", and keeps leading me back to the original link.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you tried going to Control Panel - Realtek HD Audio Manager and testing your speakers from that application? The Speakers Tab should have a yellow check mark showing.

You might also try Control Panel - Sound - Playback. Does it show your Speakers with a green check mark? If not, right-click in that window and select "Show Disabled Devices" it may show up there and then click to Enable.

Maybe this helps.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have Realtek drivers and I see a speaker icon in the notification (system) tray. If I right-click on that icon I can go to the volume mixer. There it is possible to set some sounds very low while having the speakers up high. You might check to make sure your sounds aren't set low.

Ask a Question