SOLVED Offline files not automatically syncing

Reaction score
I have a laptop running Win7 64bit home premium and a PC runnig win7 64bit Pro. I have mapped a folder from the laptop on my pc and selected make available offline. This works fine with me being able access all the files when I turn the laptop off. When I create new files on the laptop and reconenct to the network the file pops up on my laptop. So far so good.

The problem I have is if I turn off the laptop and edit the file on the pc. In theory when the latop reconnects, windows should automatically sync the 2 files with the laptop picking up the latest version. I have tried waiting 10 minutes but nothing happens. I can only get the latest version on the laptop by going to the folder on my pc and manually syncing to push the changes across. This doesn't seem the correct behaviour and also it doesn't seem I can "pull" the changes from the laptop. If I do the opposite i.e. make changes on the laptop offline the update is automatic to my pc when it comes online.

Does anyone have any idea why the changes aren't syncing pc to laptop? Essentailly the read from laptop works fine, but the write from pc to laptop doesnt. Thanks Mike

Reaction score
15 monutes later it has syncing!!! sorry wasting peoples time. Cant see a way to delete thread.

Ask a Question