Move Offline Files location

Reaction score
When I installed 7 on my Vaio I created a seperate partition for the OS & program files, & another larger partition for data. When I use Offline Files it places these directories in this smaller partition & is fast filling it to capacity. How do I tell it to put the Offline Files in the larger data partitioin?

Reaction score
Thanks Clifford,
Yes I have moved My Documents folder to the data drive, butit still saves Offline Files in the original data partition.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi TimboQLD

If this is on one HDD can you not reduce your data partition and increase the default partition that Windows is saving to.

Reaction score
Hi TimboQLD

Have you tried looking under Office Apps for the default file locations?
Each App for office should have a option for file locations.

Reaction score
HI, I don't think I can do that without re-fromatting & then repartitioning the drive. If I'm wrong, please tell me !

Reaction score
No, I believe the issue is with Offline Files in Windows, not individual Office programs.

Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz,
I would prefer to keep my data on seperate partition to system files if I possibly can.
If worst comes to worst I could live with changing the partition size, but it would defeat the purpose of having seperate partitions to begin with.

Reaction score
On another forum I am advised to delete the Windows\CSC folder & replace it with a 'junction' but I am having problems with it. Any further ideas?

Ask a Question