Notification Area Icons

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I've notice that when I look at my Notification Area Icons that there are a few icons listed for programs that I do not want listed in there at all (GLB2DAB.tmp for Yahoo Messenger and cfp.exe for Comodo Firewall now uninstalled, to name a few)

Is there any way to remove these from the list entirely (I don't mean just hide, which is what I am doing now but delete alltogether) ?

Reaction score
I was wondering the same draceena - Anytime you have a icon or notification there in the list - I have a program I disable it from showing when minimized The program is still in the list but never used. I still use the program just never minimize to the list.

So why can I not remove it from the list?

Is this area called "System Tray"

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'm unsure if this is considered the "System Tray" or not, all I know is when I click on the little arrow on the toolbar I get a small window and a link to customize. This then shows me a list of some 10 or so items where I can select to show notification and icons or just notifications or nothing at all, but there are icons on the list that I don't want there and I'd like to delete thoes icons completely.

Reaction score
Once the icon has been asigned to the notification area - Even if the Application gives an option not to use the system trey - There will still be an icon in the notification area as you call it - We should have an option to remove and we do not

Ask a Question