Minimise to Notification Area

Reaction score
I'm using Windows Live Mail & Messenger.
When I minimise them I want them to be able to minimise to the notification area and not display the icons on the taskbar. Does anyone know a way of doing this in Windows 7 (Build 7100) or maybe will I have to wait for Microsoft to release a new version of both programs?
Thanks in advance

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this will work in this case, but try making Windows Live Messenger (and Mail) run in Vista compatibility mode. You'll need to exit the apps and re-run then once you'd done this.

It's not ideal, but I've done this for a few other apps that don't use the system tray/notification area properly and it's done the trick.

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if this will work in this case, but try making Windows Live Messenger (and Mail) run in Vista compatibility mode. You'll need to exit the apps and re-run then once you'd done this.

It's not ideal, but I've done this for a few other apps that don't use the system tray/notification area properly and it's done the trick.

Hi Ian,
Many thanks for this - it's something I never thought of, this worked for Messenger (which was the major annoyance for me) but this did not resolve the problem for Windows Live Mail but to be honest I can live with this! for now :)

By the way I also tried ALL other compatibility modes.

Ask a Question