New laptop deals when Windows 7 is released

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a laptop and I would like to get one with Windows 7 pre-installed to save the trouble of using a free upgrade voucher.

Do you think the laptop hardware available after W7 is released will be any different to what is available at the moment? For example, will they bring out new models to co-incide with the launch or will the OS just be changed over and everything stays the same?

Would be interested in your thoughts on this!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Well, it depends how far out you are looking. Initially there might not be much change, but Intel has released new mobile hardware. Arrandale is a dualcore CPU with built in integrated graphics that should be pretty decent. At the other end of the price spectrum Intel also released a new mobile platform for Nehalem-based Quadcore processors, but that one is probably outside of the segment you are looking for.

All the new hardware likely won't begin showing up until just before Xmas, but widespread availability isn't slated until the first couple months of next year.

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a laptop and I would like to get one with Windows 7 pre-installed to save the trouble of using a free upgrade voucher.

Do you think the laptop hardware available after W7 is released will be any different to what is available at the moment? For example, will they bring out new models to co-incide with the launch or will the OS just be changed over and everything stays the same?

Would be interested in your thoughts on this!

Till before X-mas or after the first of the year all you are gonna see is a rehash of older systems ( last year to 18 months) resold with w7 and beffed up older hardware to increase sales of old stock and design...

Right now flextronics got a deal with dell to build new boards ( all spectrum form server to tablet) for w7 so it wont be for a few more months I am gessing from what I have been digging up that it will be 4 to 8 months till we see any thing worth it...........

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
thedrunk wrote

all you are gonna see is a rehash of older systems
How very true, so beware and research any Computer advertised (Windows 7 loaded) ;)

Reaction score
I have a question about...

Is there a limit on what a tourist can spend shopping in america?

Reaction score

Depends on how much you mean in dollars

the us might look into what you are doing comming to us spending 300k+ in one day on computer systems. and knowing certian systems arnt sold to iran iraq type places ( Xbox 360 & ps3 referances ) for certian systems sold here can controll missle guidence systems sooo depends on where you are from and where you distribute them to

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say they are encouraging everyone to spend a little money. As long as it's for legal use though. Just be aware you might get an import tax taking it back to your country. If it's a laptop, take it out of the box and throw it into a computer bag. then it technically isn't a new item.

Ask a Question