Which reg key to use, for another laptop ?

Reaction score
Hello there. was wondering if any body could tell me, which registration key do I put in on my Laptop, to download the ISO Files for my second Laptop of the same make, but has Windows 7 on it which needs a clean install. My Laptop has Windows 10 on it...Do I put my Registry Key, or the Registry key of the second laptop when prompted ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You would need the Win7 Reg key (not Win 10) & it would need to be a non-OEM Win7 version. If the laptop came with Win7 preinstalled (OEM version) then you would not be eligible to download it from Microsoft. You could reach out to the laptop manufacturer but they will likely charge you around $100 for replacement disks.

Reaction score
You would need the Win7 Reg key (not Win 10) & it would need to be a non-OEM Win7 version. If the laptop came with Win7 preinstalled (OEM version) then you would not be eligible to download it from Microsoft. You could reach out to the laptop manufacturer but they will likely charge you around $100 for replacement disks.
Hey TrainableMan, Thanks for the info. The problem with the second Laptop is that the Browser is corrupted,and out of date.. I cannot get online to down load another browser, or even update the Laptops Machine files.. Is there someway do you know to be able to bypass all these gummed up programs ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I would see if you can use the laptops features. Some laptops have a built-in recovery drive & can be restored to factory default from that; others require recovery disks which you are told to burn when the laptop is first activated. Either of these options allow you to restore to factory settings.

Of course if all you are worried about is a browser & drivers then use the Win10 machine and download those things for the Win7 laptop to a USB drive then plug it into the Win7 machine and install them.

Ask a Question