Cannot install Windows 7 64 bit on laptop

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Updates' started by Ian Chisnall, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ian Chisnall

Ian Chisnall

Dear forum
    Please can someone advise:
    I have bought a laptop on ebay, and it is second hand
    It came with no operating system installed.
    However under the battery is a windows 7 COA with product key
    I already am in possession of a windows 7 OEM 64 bit DVD disk , and I tried to install the operating system using this disk.
    All went well until I was prompted to input the product key.
    However to my dismay the product key that comes with the laptop will not work. It is rejected.
    The same disk did work when I used it on a different computer but not this laptop
    A little investigation on my part online shows others have had similar difficulty.
    The version of windows 7 pro that is meant for my laptop, printed on the COA is X16-96076
    By the way when I try to download a windows 7 iso from microsoft website but one has to input ones product key. The product key on my laptop is rejected here too.

Please can anyone advise is there a solution or workaround to get me with a valid install using the product key that comes with the laptop.

Your kind help would be appreciated please.
    Ian

Ian Chisnall, Jun 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian Chisnall

john steadman

you will have to go to the laptop manufacturer's site to get the correct o.s.disks

john steadman, Jun 12, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question