Cannot Obtain Permission to Delete Original Owner from Refurbished Win 7 Pro Laptop

CAG

Reaction score
I recently purchased a HP 8460p 64 bit refurbished laptop with Windows 7 already installed and configured for the user hp.
In trying to delete hp I attempted to get the System Administrator to give special permission but , after following the hp tutorial over and over, when I got to the very end of the process and needed to click the Special Permission option, it would not let me do i claiming I needed Administrator permission.
I already made myself the Owner/ Administrator without a problem
These are the steps I followed:
I clicked on C:/Users/hp and selected Properties.
Clicked on the Securities tab and selected CAG,(my account.) then clicked on the Advance button.
The screen Advanced Securities for hp appeared.
Clicked on the Effective Permissions tab,selected username CAG and clicked OK.
Next I clicked on Owner tab and changed the owner on A:/Users/hp to CAG.
I came all the way out of Properties for the change to take effect then returned to Advanced Security Settings for hp and clicked on the Permissions tab.
Made sure for object name C:/Users/hp that CAG had full control, control applied to all sub folders and files, Inherited from parent was off and then clicked, OK.
Finally went back to the Security screen, selected CAG and clicked on edit.
I tried to check the Special Permissions option but it was not accessible.
Did I miss something here?
What do I need to do to obtain permission to delete hp?
Any help would be every much appreciated as I have been dealing with this fo weeks.
I plan to do a clean install but want to get rid of the former owner, hp, first.
CAG

Ask a Question