New Custom Order

Reaction score
Just placed my custom order today for a new computer! Been planning this purchase for some time, and finally got it done. Should get it in a few days.
YEEHAW! (Thats Texan for YEEHAW!) :D:D

Yeah I know it's not home built, ( it's HP) but at least it's custom ordered.
It's listed in my computer specs.

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
That's nice :)
What's the configuration?

I usualy ask a tech friend to build me my computer, but I choose the componnents. And, seeing as he is a friend and a tech pro, he gets everything cheaper, so so do I :D

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
DallasDad - That is a very nice system you'll be getting!

I hope you get many years of high-end use and enjoyment out of it. :pcguru:

Reaction score
That's nice :)
What's the configuration?

I usualy ask a tech friend to build me my computer, but I choose the componnents. And, seeing as he is a friend and a tech pro, he gets everything cheaper, so so do I :D
Cheers,
Fire Cat
It's nice you know somebody like that. I considered trying to find a shop where I could order one built like you did, but I don't know any of them so I wouldn't know the trustworthy shops from the crooks. With HP at least I was able to pick some of the components like the CPU, Ram, Hard drive, and Video card along with a few smaller items.

All I need now is a good uninstaller to get rid of all the crapware. :D

Reaction score
DallasDad - That is a very nice system you'll be getting!

I hope you get many years of high-end use and enjoyment out of it. :pcguru:

Thanks Nibiru, I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting till it gets here. :D
BTW, thats a really funny GIF in your post, that computer giving the smiley a black eye! LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. :)

I think you will be happy with it.
I do agree with the crapware, it's gotta go. :D

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
All I need now is a good uninstaller to get rid of all the crapware. :D
Get a download of PC Decrappifier, it's free and works quite well.

I also use "Your Uninstaller Pro" to get rid of programs I no longer need, test, or that are old. It's a paid program though.

Revo Uninstaller is good too and it's free also.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
PC Decrapifier is good, so is Revo Uninstaller. But watch out with Revo, sometimes it will delete more than you want it to. Use both programs carefully. Dallas Dad, as soon as you get your computer setup, be sure to burn your recovery discs. The program that does this for HP's is Power2Go, don't get rid of it prior to burning your discs. And make sure that the discs you use are the non-rewritable ones, if you put in a rewritable disc, it won't run. I know these things because I recently bought an HP desktop. Those discs may prove to be valuable to you one day, you may need them (it will burn around 3, possibly 4) to restore the system you custom ordered. Best of luck with your new system, I know you'll enjoy it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I third PC Decrappifier for all the normal bloatware but if they try to throw Norton or McAfee at you, don't uninstall with conventional tools (if you decide to get rid f them). Both have good removal tools you can download for free from their websites.

Good luck and have fun with that sizzlin' rig.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Why bother removing the crap?
Just do a clean install.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy your new PC :D. What specs did you go for? :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Congrats on a new computer DallasDad :top:, did you go ATI for the graphics ?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, what's your specs?

By the way, why didn't you go with a home built PC? Once you get all the pieces, it's just a kinda complicated puzzle.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
The new computer specs for DD are listed in his "Computer Specs" link under his avatar. At least that's what he stated in the OP.

Veedaz - He went with nVidia graphics card.

@fire cat - building a PC from scratch is a heck of a lot easier than a complicated puzzle, at least for me it is. It takes me longer to install the OS and other software than to build the unit.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Why bother removing the crap?
Just do a clean install.

Cheers,
Fire Cat
That's DD's option for sure, that's what I would do. However some people do things differently than others. He may want to keep MS Works and some other programs, including the HP Updater software for the drivers, which a lot of folks find useful.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Nibiru wrote

It takes me longer to install the OS and other software than to build the unit
Quite right once you have all the parts it goes together quite fast, I find building for myself the longest part is researching the hardware.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I find building for myself the longest part is researching the hardware.
You are quite correct on THAT Veedaz! I spent 5 months or so researching my last build due to my being so picky. I forgot to mention that...

I must have read at least 3-4 reviews on each piece of hardware I bought, but it was worth it.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice rig Dallasdad!
Intel Core i7 processor, 4GB RAM, 650GB HD. Sweet!

By the way, anybody on the forums got more than 1TB HD?

Cheers,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's DD's option for sure, that's what I would do. However some people do things differently than others. He may want to keep MS Works and some other programs, including the HP Updater software for the drivers, which a lot of folks find useful.
That's why I opted to keep my original install, for the HP Updater & MS Works (although I don't need Works now), and do the Anytime Upgrade to Pro. The OEM's charge $299 more for Pro, it's not necessary to pay that much. The one that you get through the Anytime Upgrade is just as good as the one they install OEM, and you have all of the features of a regular install, but like your OEM install, it lives & dies with the computer that it's installed on. And none of your files are messed with, either.

Reaction score
Nice rig Dallasdad!
Intel Core i7 processor, 4GB RAM, 650GB HD. Sweet!

By the way, anybody on the forums got more than 1TB HD?

Cheers,
Fire Cat
Thanks Fire Cat. As to the other question, I have a 1TB hard drive on my present system, and it would probably take me a lifetime to fill it! :D
A TB is humongous unless you store movies on it or something like that, thats why I only got 650 GB on the new rig coming.........instead of using all the hard drive space on just 1 computer, I figured I'd save some hard drive for the rest of you guys! :D:D

Seriously though, a TB is huge. I have a lot of large file photos but no music or movies, and I have TONS of free space on this 1 TB hard drive, so I can't imagine having even more than that.

Probably wear a processor out just searching all that space! :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question