New Custom Order

Reaction score
I do hope AK comes back. He logged out just after his last post and has not been logged back in since.

I was trying not to step in but belligerent profanity must not be allowed. To be honest, I was close to the point of closing the thread. I don't think that will be necessary now.

Anyway, back on topic.
DD, how big a difference have you noticed with your new PC?

Reaction score
DD, how big a difference have you noticed with your new PC?
That i7 processor is really nice. It's fast, a lot faster than the Q6600 in my other computer. I would definitely recommend it. I think it's a lot of processor for the money. They have faster ones of course, but the dollars start adding up in a hurry.
The i7 860 is a 2.8G processor, before the Turbo Boost kicks in. With the Turbo Boost, it goes over 3G.
She'll run 4 cores and 8 threads.
I'm in LOOOOOVE! :D

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yeah but if you read the article it will be atleast 5 years for it to be a reality, Right now the chip is about the size of your entire hand and manufacturers would have to know how to write code to utilize it, etc. But it does look like fun.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
The i7 is a great CPU DallasDad glad you like it :top:, i7 is up to 6 cores but its expensive !

Spec

Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (Gulftown) Extreme Edition (Socket LGA1366)

- Core Size: 32nm
- Socket: LGA1366
- Six Core
- Frequency: 3.33GHz
- Multiplier: 25x
- L2 Cache: 6x 256KB
- L3 Cache: 12MB
- QPI: 6.4 GT/s
- TDP: 130W

Reaction score
Veedaz i was just looking at your "Computer Specs", man that's one KILLER computer! I hope you keep that animal in a cage! :D:D

Last edited:

Ask a Question