New Custom Order

Reaction score
Yes. Have you tried running Crysis for 6 hrs @ 1080p? Any upgrades you add may overload that PSU, and its a mystery what the rails are rated at, or the ripple figures or the efficiency curve or well anything. And the motherboard - ?
Well since it's still doing it's job, it seems you lost the bet. It's doing everything I expected of it. If I had needed a hard core gaming machine I would've bought one.

Nevertheless, thank you for your sincere concern. :rolleyes:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think it's funny AK762 makes fun of the PSUs $ value and then tells us how he skimps on the CPU power to pay for it. An AMD setup will cost around $200-250US less to build, you sacrifice speed as AMD can't meet the Intel i7 in overclock tests.

There are always trade-offs and if your PSU does go out on ya DallasDad, it's pretty easy to replace. Maybe AK can send ya a spare so you have a good one on hand.

Enjoy your system.

SINCERELY, TM

Reaction score
I think it's funny AK762 makes fun of the PSUs $ value and then tells us how he skimps on the CPU power to pay for it. An AMD setup will cost around $200-250US less to build, you sacrifice speed as AMD can't meet the Intel i7 in overclock tests.

There are always trade-offs and if your PSU does go out on ya DallasDad, it's pretty easy to replace. Maybe AK can send ya a spare so you have a good one on hand.

Enjoy your system.

SINCERELY, TM
Skimp on CPU power? Who cares about benchmarks - they expect Intel hardware anyway. A Thuban six-core 3.2GHz black edition is just as good as Intel's tech.

Reaction score

Enjoy your system.

SINCERELY, TM

LOL Now there's a thought! :D Thanks TM
Yeah it runs great. Must admit I had a few fears about going 64 bit, but I haven't had any problems with it. I do have some mapping software that won't run with the 64 bit, but I wasn't surprised at that. I can still run that software on my other computer, Win7 32 bit. Other than that I'm real happy with it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
AK762, You come off very negative. Maybe you could put a more positive spin on your posts to make people want your advice instead of dreading that you posted.

Yes I have replaced a few factory PSUs over the years but it's not hard to do, and they gave out after at least a year of service. If a person is building a system (or ordering one) then sure give some constructive advice. If they already have bought/built their system then give them some encouragement and then you could warn them, before playing severely intense games over long periods of time at high res you should make sure you have a reliable PSU because the big companys tend to skimp on this part. You could even recommend a brand you have come to trust in the right Wattage for their specs.

AK, I will PRAY FOR YOU, and I'm sincere about that even though I keep hearing "Pray For You by Jorod and The Long Road to Love" in my head (This song is hilarious).

Reaction score
AK762, You come off very negative. Maybe you could put a more positive spin on your posts to make people want your advice instead of dreading that you posted.

Yes I have replaced a few factory PSUs over the years but it's not hard to do, and they gave out after at least a year of service. If a person is building a system (or ordering one) then sure give some constructive advice. If they already have bought/built their system then give them some encouragement and then you could warn them, before playing severely intense games over long periods of time at high res you should make sure you have a reliable PSU because the big companys tend to skimp on this part. You could even recommend a brand you have come to trust in the right Wattage for their specs.

AK, I will PRAY FOR YOU, and I'm sincere about that even though I keep hearing "Pray For You by Jorod and The Long Road to Love" in my head (This song is hilarious).
Pray for my AK, and this is constructive advice - factory PSU's are rubbish from any perspective - noise, quality, efficiency etc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No that's destructive advice - it's very negative - all your posts that I've seen are negative. Maybe you could work on that and come back to the forums when you are nicer OR when DallasDads PSU burns up, whichever comes last.

Reaction score
No that's destructive advice - it's very negative - all your posts that I've seen are negative. Maybe you could work on that and come back to the forums when you are nicer OR when DallasDads PSU burns up, whichever comes last.
Maybe you could come and _____Snip______, you useless ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Arguing over the quality of the power supply is ridiculous. Having the computer built locally was out of the question. Building the computer at home was out of the question. Building a computer out of a pre-determined parts inventory was the only option. If a high quality power supply was not itemized within the list, DD would have had no choice. DD now has the computer and had the computer when the discussion started. Therefore a waste of time and effort even mentioning.

DD I think you will enjoy your computer for many years. Wishing you the best from the next state over. :D

Reaction score
No that's destructive advice - it's very negative - all your posts that I've seen are negative. Maybe you could work on that and come back to the forums when you are nicer OR when DallasDads PSU burns up, whichever comes last.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol:

Reaction score
Arguing over the quality of the power supply is ridiculous. Having the computer built locally was out of the question. Building the computer at home was out of the question. Building a computer out of a pre-determined parts inventory was the only option. If a high quality power supply was not itemized within the list, DD would have had no choice. DD now has the computer and had the computer when the discussion started. Therefore a waste of time and effort even mentioning.

DD I think you will enjoy your computer for many years. Wishing you the best from the next state over. :D

Next door neighbors Clifford! :beer:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Well since it's still doing it's job, it seems you lost the bet. It's doing everything I expected of it. If I had needed a hard core gaming machine I would've bought one.

Nevertheless, thank you for your sincere concern. :rolleyes:
it's still doing it's job
and that sounds good to me, have fun and enjoy your new computer DallasDad .... not a neighbour but on the same planet .... though I do wonder about some ;) :lol:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I think it's funny AK762 makes fun of the PSUs $ value and then tells us how he skimps on the CPU power to pay for it
No that's destructive advice - it's very negative - all your posts that I've seen are negative. Maybe you could work on that and come back to the forums when you are nicer

TM - you were reading my mind! Thank You!

As Cliff, DD and myself would say here down South... "I was fixin' ta say somethin' ta that there feller!" However, I have to refrain from being so 'spontaneous' most of the time, plus I don't want CC to put me into "time out" in the corner.

It's very peculiar he rants about this and that but doesn't have the juevos (as we say in Texas) to post his computer specs under his avatar.

Maybe you could come and _____Snip______, you useless ****. Last edited by clifford_cooley; 4 Hours Ago at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Carefull AK
Thanks for your vigilance - CC!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
AK762 is lucky he is still on the forums. I know quite a few forums who would ban for that type of comment.

And AK, just arguing about what hardware is best is stupid. Everybody has a different opinion, (not always, but often). For example, I prefer AMD to Intel, but some of you might argue that Intel is way better. I don't think so.

DallasDad, that's one powerfull computer you've got there! :D Enjoy it and let's hope it works perfectly!

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
AK should be careful going forward. I don't like to see anyone being banned, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the forum friendly.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
AK762 could change his name AK-47 cuz he just comes in and mows everybody down. I wonder what crawled up his arse and turned him into whining pile of negativity?

Edit: Oh and DD, good luck with your rig and don't fix it 'til it's broke.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
AK762 could change his name AK-47 cuz he just comes in and mows everybody down. I wonder what crawled up his arse and turned him into whining pile of negativity?
I COULD send my ET buddies to come visit him? LOL!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
yoda, I believe his nick IS referring to an AK-47, 7.62 mm is the caliber of ammunition.

& Nib, he would just shoot 'em and make roadkill stew.

Last edited:

Ask a Question