New Build - CPU-Z will not detect my mobo, ?driver help?

kmc

Reaction score
I just built my PC (first one, sounded like a good idea at the time) and was told that getting the latest drivers would "fix" this issue. Problem is, I haven't had a PC or really been on the net since 2001, (don't laugh) so.....I don't know how to get the "right" ones. I realize that i've built something waaaayyy over my head/experience level, so now I just want to learn all that I can.

Reaction score
What can you tell us about your PC. Everything you tell us will help us better understand what it is you have and what it is you need :)

kmc

Reaction score
I have a core i7-920 proc; MSI X58 Platinum SLI mobo; 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz; Diamond ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB; Hitachi 500GB HDD; LiteOn BD-ROM; LIteOn DVD-RW; Corsair HX620 PSU; Acer H233H monitor; NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan controller/monitor. The only thing I have installed besides the OS, is Adobe Reader, AVG 8.5, and Powerlink CyberDVD 8. After I turned on the PC for the first time, I have not installed ANY drivers for any of my components, but everything seemed to be working fine. Hope that helps.

kmc

Reaction score
This is what the error code 0x5 (5) log file shows:

bInitDriver(C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\, 1)
GetCurrentDirectory = C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\cpuz64_152
GetModuleFileName = C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\cpuz64_152\cpuz64.exe
m_iOSVersion = 2 (6.1)
m_bIsAMD64 = 0
m_hDriverMutex = A0
m_szPath_2 = C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\\cpuz132\
m_szFilename = cpuz132_x64.sys
bOpenDevice
bOpenDevice : WaitForSingleObject error = 0
WinNT_bInstallDriver
szMachineName = MIKEC-PC
OpenSCManager failed, error code = 5
vCloseDevice release mutex = 0
bInitDriver returned 5
WinNT_dwUninstallDriver
WinNT_dwUninstallDriver : OpenSCManager failed, error code = 5
CloseHandle(mutex) = 1

Maybe that will help a little more. Thank you by the way for your help

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi kmc

This may help, Error 5 - Error Code 0x5 Errors on your system may be caused by invalid registry entries and outdated or corrupt drivers. You need to delete old drivers and install new also make sure your the administrator.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Even though you haven't installed any drivers, Windows 7 will install many if not all drivers. Depends upon the drivers. I would definitely install the Intel Chipset Info drivers and Intel TPM driver. MSI has all the drivers you need at their website. Click here.

Also it would help for you to install the latest Realtek audio drivers available from the MSI link above.

The MS default drivers for your ATI Radeon card should work okay. IF you want the latest driver; click here.

Updating your mobo drivers should help with the issues you're having with CPU-Z.

Store the drivers on another hard drive or CD-RW or Thumb Drive for future installs.

I hope this helps you out. Good Luck! ;)

Reactions: kmc

kmc

Reaction score
I'll try that now and let you know how it works. Thank you both.

Ask a Question