Lost Index and LONG, LONG Rebuild

Reaction score
I access the index very often and sometimes it doesn't find anything, i.e. it has gone away - happens about every 2 or 3 months. It also takes a huge amount of time to rebuild, I started a rebuild about 11 hours ago and it is still running with 36,500 items indexed. I haven't changed anything and I refuse to make changes - it should just index and the index should stay there. I am aware of alternative indexers but since I paid for Win 7 I want the damn thing to work properly.
Help!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you run software like CCleaner, or other space recovery programs, part of the space it recoups is often by deleting the indexes. You say they disappear randomly but this is more likely what is causing their disappearance.

Reaction score
Thansk, I do run CCleaner but far more ofen than the disappearing index occurrences ut I take the Point, Why though the 12 hour index build ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Check to see what folders you have set to index. Try to set it to only index your libraries: videos, pictures folders etc

Ask a Question