New System Build getting BSOD at different points.

Reaction score
Greetings,

I made a new build, specs are in my profile, and I've had 2 BSOD at different instances so far. Just looking for some help with diagnostics. The dmp files are attached.

1st Crash was playing Dragon Age Inquisition
2nd Crash was on wake up from sleep

Thank you,
Burger

Update: Network drivers updated as Shintaro suggested, but can't tell if problem fixed since BSOD were infrequent. Will have to wait and see.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Do you have multiple network cards? Because there are Intel and Atheros network card drivers on your computer.
My suggestion would be to start there and update them

Also it is helpful if you include what hardware you are using:
Download hwInfo and run it.
  • Click on "Save Report"
  • Make sure the Export Format is HTML
  • Click "Browse" and select your "Desktop"
  • Give the file a name like MyComputer or your Forum username.
  • Click on Save
  • Click on "Next".
  • Click on "Finish"
  • Put the newly created MyComputer.html (Or what ever you decided to call it) in to a zip file and upload it to the forum.

Reaction score
I do have a wireless network card installed that I use. Here is the HWinfo report. I should also note that it does not blue screen every time while waking up. This crash as only occurred once, but I would like to keep it from happening again.

Thank you very much,
Burger

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
HERE is the Intel Support web site.

HERE is the Atheros website. Look for AR938X and download the "Win 7 64 BIT" driver.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
HERE is the Intel Support web site.

HERE is the Atheros website. Look for AR938X and download the "Win 7 64 BIT" driver.

Let us know how you go.
Hi Shintaro,

I updated both of my network connection drivers, but I can't tell if it did anything yet being that the two crashes were not a reoccurring problem. So now I sit and wait.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, give it a couple of days. If it crashes just upload the new crash dump files.

Ask a Question