Need to change the bitlocker startup key to make stolen one useless

Reaction score
I have non-TPM Bitlocker (Win 7 Ult) on one of my desktops. I use a usb with the startup key on it (no Bitlocker password as there is no TPM).

My wife's key was stolen (was in her handbag - never again!). We have more than one usb startup key so I can access everything. BUT our address was also in the handbag - never again! I urgently need to change the key so as to render the stolen one useless. How? I have searched high and low for the answer with no success so far. The only answers I've found are irrelevant to me and are to do with self-inflicted problems of people who are unable to access their data by not keeping copies or recovery keys.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for replying, but I do not use a PIN on Bitlocker, Using a PIN is optional on Bitlocker and I have opted not to use one. What I use is only a Start Up Key which is on a USB stick drive. I have yet to find an answer to my question which is incredible. It may be as simple as removing Bitlocker completely and starting over, but I'm not sure if that would result in exactly the same Key being produced. I need to know whether it would or would not result in the same key being generated.

Ask a Question