SOLVED Need Adobe Flash Player

Reaction score
I have a computer guy coming tomorrow to work on the issue of Adobe Flash Player needs to be installed with my new Windows 7 Toshiba. It states I need to run a 32 bit browser on a 64 bit operating system. Can that be done? I use Adobe Photoshop latest version which is capatible with windows 7. I do lots of photos. Is changing things going to mess up my computer. I will get with this guy tomorrow and write down as much as I think I can about windows 7 issues. He is cheap, and he knows all about computers. :)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go see the Great Wall of China, but now I no longer do.

"It states" you need to run a 32-bit browser on your x64? What is "it"?

Flash Player works perfectly fine in Firefox x32 on Win7 x64. There isn't a x64 version of Firefox out yet anyway, although there might be one being worked on in the dailies.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you're asking, or what prompted it.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
ALL browsers MOST people are using right now are 32 bit browsers.

There is IE 8 x64 and Firefox's "Minefield" x64 browser. Since Adobe is dragging their feet regarding an x64 compatible FLASH player, it may be a while.

Adobe has a beta x64 for Linux systems, just not one for Windows systems.

Quit using the IE 8 x64 browser and just use regular IE 8 or Firefox 3.6.

You can install the ADOBE Flash Player yourself by going to their website. It's so easy even I can do it!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
He is cheap, and he knows all about computers. :)
Sometimes the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
There is IE 8 x64
Yeah, and it's fantastic. I don't think it has loaded once on my system without crashing right after.
Firefox's "Minefield" x64 browser.
That codename alone shows you what a great sense of humor those devs at Mozilla have. :D
Since Adobe is dragging their feet regarding an x64 compatible FLASH player, it may be a while. Adobe has a beta x64 for Linux systems, just not one for Windows systems.
They know Linux is a smaller market share, so it's probably more convenient to beta test a x64 version of Flash on the Linux crowd. Linux users know it's a free lunch and will accept/settle for a shoddy job better than Win64 users would. I like the beta, not knocking it or anything, but it has ways to go still... Better than the OSS ones that had to be used before Adobe released the beta, though.
Sometimes the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
That's a great quote.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
SWEETPEA57, Welcome to the forums! I believe Nibiru and Core has covered your issue well. I hope that this person who knows all about computers knows what they're doing and is honest. Because if whoever it is charges more than $10 for their gas, you're getting the shaft. Adobe Flash Player is a free download. Just visit their site, or visit File Hippo. In order to view some files, you're prompted to download the flash player for free. And most of us 64 bit users are running 32 bit browsers. You apparently know how to use computers, since you use Photoshop. Check the site out for yourself, and see. It's really simple, a lot more simple than running that photo program that you use. Best of luck to you.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And. However cheap, if his task is to install "Flash" then you are about to get ripped off.
Nothing left unsaid to you, regarding 32Bit browsers, except that, it is apparent your knowledge of the inner workings of an OS are basic so, I would assume you have done very little customisation and should therefore be running a 32Bit browser bt default.
If you are running Adobe Photoshop, I am almost certain that you OS has already installed Flash.
Otherwise, save yourself some cash.
Go here:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Untick the Mcafee option and then tick "Agree and install now"

There will be a small wait whilst it downloads and installs, and you are then in business.

Ask a Question