Need graphics driver for windows 7

Reaction score
hi, im new here...searching for an answer to my problem. i have a laptop... hp15 aff112nr. it origanally came with windows 10.....i got it from a friend..... it would say it didnt have the needed files to recover 10 when you would turn it on..... so i changed it to legacy in the bios and installed windows 7....trouble is on the hp site the only drivers for this laptop are for 10 64 bit. this is 7 32 bit....i was somehow able to obtain a wireless driver that would work on it..... but i need the graphics driver, does anyone out there know of a driver that will work with windows 7 on this laptop? any input will be greatly appreaciated.

Reaction score
hi, im new here...searching for an answer to my problem. i have a laptop... hp15 aff112nr. it origanally came with windows 10.....i got it from a friend..... it would say it didnt have the needed files to recover 10 when you would turn it on..... so i changed it to legacy in the bios and installed windows 7....trouble is on the hp site the only drivers for this laptop are for 10 64 bit. this is 7 32 bit....i was somehow able to obtain a wireless driver that would work on it..... but i need the graphics driver, does anyone out there know of a driver that will work with windows 7 on this laptop? any input will be greatly appreaciated.
update.... ive located the driver with the amd crimson detection tool.....but 1 last thing, the touchpad is very touchy....when you attempt to move it it moves, then stops, over and over....ive tried a wireless mouse.it does the same thing......ive installed the touchpad driver for win 10 hoping it would work.....it installed but doesnt work properly...... is there a driver out there that will make it work smooth?

Reaction score
I take it you have visited "Control Panel" etc.
I know this might sound like a pain but have you thought of trying System restore back to 10 if you can do it.
Then somehow find your "touchpad" driver. save it to a stick then go back to 7.
OR
Stick the disc in a do a repair.
Just had another thought.
Try using a caddy with another PC
So take out the problem HDD and using either a caddy or a SATA to USB lead connect the lead to your PC as a slave and do a total format of that drive.
replace the HDD back into the PC and re-install Windows 7
A bit of a faff I know just for a touchpad but who knows what other problems you will come across, this way you are starting from scratch with a clean sugar free.
Hope this helps
Tony

Ask a Question