SOLVED ndis.sys blue screen

Reaction score
Hi really need help trying to solve this issue.I have updated all drivers and i still and getting random blue screens.
attached is dmp file

Attachments

Reaction score
ya i did that and i just checked win32 drivers folder and that driver is still there after installing new driver

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, go to:
C:\SystemRoot\system32\drivers

Right click on ndis.sys
Go to properties.
Look at the version:
The old one is: 6.1.7601.17939

Is the version of ndis.sys on your computer newer? ie a greater number than that one?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry, that should be:

Ok, go to:
C:\SystemRoot\system32\drivers

Right click on RtNdPt60.sys
Go to properties.
Look at the version date:
The old one is: Mon Jul 20 12:27:32 2009

Is the version of RtNdPt60.sys on your computer newer? ie a later date?

Sorry about the mix up.

Reaction score
ndis is the same as u listed
RtNdPt60 is june 2009 even though i have updated my network drivers
even went into safe mode without networking unistalled driver and reinstalled and that sys file was still there

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Just to let you know I am trying to track down why RtNdPt60.sys is not in the downloadable bundles from RealTek. I have download several of the bundles and cannot find that particular file.

Let us know if you get any further crashes and please upload them to the forum.

Reaction score
thanks mate i am getting the feeling that the new driver version doesn't use that file at all and the updater for some reason doesn't remove the old one

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Turn on Driver verifier. Let's see if there is another culprit.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks

5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Reaction score
verifier is on computer didn't crash.it seems this mostly happens when coming out of sleep mode

Shintaro

Reaction score
That's ok, just leave Driver Verifier on until we find the fault.

Reaction score
crashed again same ndis.sys
come to find out a relative for some unknown reason either did a restore or a recovery on the system :( .They cant even remember which 1 they did.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please down load and run Memtest86.

You can either download the ISO and burn it to a CD or use their new USB installer if you have an empty USB drive.

Please let it run through no less than 8 passes. It will take a couple of hours to complete.

If you don't have CD Burning software have a look at the forum Freeware DB.

Let us know the results.

Reaction score
sorry for the delay,i have been really busy ran memtest86+ and discovered the pc had 1 bad ram stick.Took it out and am running pc with 6gb now instead of 8gb till i get a replacement.Will see now if i can get the pc to crash anymore but this certainly could have been all related to the bad ram considering it was in the first slot

Reaction score
computer is still crashing same error code but no dump files are being created now.I checked and the path is correct.but still no files are being created.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Make sure that driver verifier is running.
Open a command prompt with Administrator privildges and type:

Code:
verifier /querysettings

Reaction score
yes it's still running but i think i may have a bad slot in motherboard.since moving ram out of slot that had bad memory computer wont crash.gonna run another memtest to verify

Ask a Question