Minor problem with Synaptics Touchpad

Reaction score
I have installed the Synaptics Touchpad driver onto my new W7 install. All is working as it should, however I have a very minor problem... Whenever I logon, I am asked whether or not to run the SynTPEnh.exe process (this is the tray icon).

I was never asked in Vista whether or not to run the process, and in W7 I will always want to run it.

How do I get around this minor problem, and set it that it runs by default?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it UAC (User Account Control) asking you, or is it something else? I've not seen many UAC popups in W7 myself, not for startup apps anyway.

Reaction score
Its not a UAC window - its an "Open File - Security Warning" window. Please see attached pic :)

I should add, if I untick the box "Always ask before opening this file", the little blue/yellow shield appears on the OK button, but I'm still not prompted to go through UAC. Using either option results in the same prompt upon the next restart.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you download this file from the net? I get this sometimes when I download an exe file though IE, it's as if it tags the file to say it could be insecure.

Also, was it installed as an administrator the first time round?

Reaction score
Yes, the file was downloaded from the Toshiba website. I honestly can't remember if it was installed as an Administrator. Do you think uninstalling it, rebooting, then reinstalling it as an Administrator might help? Can't do any harm I guess!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, it's worth a try - can't do any harm ;)

Ask a Question