Outlook 2003 minor probs

Reaction score
New computer with Windows 7, data and settings transferred across from XP. Reasonably happy but 3 irritating minor problems.

1. The log-in box keeps popping up even though I am logged in and working quite happily. Keep signing in and eventually click X to stop it.

2. Signature not appearing on emails repy or forward but set up correctly in tools.

3. Outbox doesn't clear automatically sometimes. Need to close Outlook, re-open and then the emails go.

Otherwise, most things seem to be OK except that I have needed totally new Hardware as have been unable to find drivers for quite old scanner, printer and my lovely Palm Zire! Got a Blackberry now which synchronises well.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Peta :)

Which log-in box keeps popping up for you? I'm guessing it's not the main Windows 7 login screen that appears when first turning on your PC, as you mention clicking X to stop it. Can you take a screenshot of it and post it here?

Reaction score
Outlook login screen

No it is not logging into Windows itself, just Outlook. Sorry but I can't seem to paste the screen capture here.
Also now having trouble in getting back on to this site as the screen keeps refreshing every second - I did ask to remember password for the forum so I think there must be a problem with passwords generally. Ho-hum

Reaction score
screen capture of login

Welcome to the forums Peta :)

Which log-in box keeps popping up for you? I'm guessing it's not the main Windows 7 login screen that appears when first turning on your PC, as you mention clicking X to stop it. Can you take a screenshot of it and post it here?

At last managed to upload the screen capture. Still it keeps popping up even though I am using Outlook quite satisfactorily and receiving messages. It is just a nuisance as it keeps popping up and if I don't notice, I end up in typing in the login details. I really would like to get rid of it!!!

Attachments

Reaction score
I had the logon for the internet popping up and asking me for the password for my incoming server. I was an error in the server addresses. I neglected the pop. in front of the domain.

Reaction score
I called in an expert and got this problem solved. I had 2 identical email addresses. I don't quite know how this happened but I think it was something to do with transferring all my data and settings from my old laptop to the new one and then setting up a new modem. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Ask a Question