Laptop reset to internal display (from external HDMI) at admin event?

Reaction score
Laptop reset to internal display only (from external HDMI) at admin event?

This problem has been bugging me for a long time and I hope I can get a solution here. I have a Fujitsu "convertible" laptop that has a touch screen that can be flipped around to work as a tablet PC. When I use it in the laptop mode I connect it to an external monitor via HDMI. The problem is that every time when there is some kind of admin event it would reset to display on the laptop screen only. By "admin event" I mean, for example, logging in after restart, logging in after waking from sleep, clicking OK when some program asks for admin permission, etc. For example, if I restart the machine, the HDMI external monitor works find throughout the boot process, but goes dark right after I log into Windows.

Reaction score
Well that did not work. I set the external monitor as the main monitor as instructed. But the display switched right back to the internal screen after the next login. The login screen was still on the external monitor, but once logging in the display immediately switched to the internal screen. :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible your computer has some sort of program running that starts with windows logon and controls where your display goes (I saw a reference to something called the "Replicator" - is that software?).

Afraid I don't have any other ideas. Have you tried writing the manufacturer or seeing if they have a forum for questions about their computers? Maybe someone else will come along with an idea.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't help.

If the manufacturer does reply could you please post back here with the solution. You never know if someone might find this post in the future trying to solve the same thing and maybe you end up helping them.

Ask a Question