Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm on the latest build 7600 (Supposodely RTM, and have installed it as Windows 7 Ultimate), however i need the Intel Matrix Storage Manager so that i can install the AHCI controller so i can access my other drives. However when i launch the setup it says

"The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.
Setup will now exit."

I assume this is because of the version being different to that of the RC, and it doesnt recognise it as a viable operating system to install the drivers on.

My system spec is fine, Q6600, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx260.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a way in cmdline to get past the installshield requirements, or a way to install the drivers? I have access to the iaAHCI.inf and iaAHCI.cat, however when i right click onn the iaAHCI.inf and press install it fails.
I know there are other ways to install it but i just dont remember them.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as i really need the backups i have on the other drives!

Thanks,
Matt

Reaction score
Windows 7 has a generic AHCI/SATA driver for Intel chipsets that provides all the functionality of the Intel-provided AHCI/SATA drivers. That includes drive access, no impact to I/O performance, etc.

How have you concluded that you need the Matrix Storage Manager to access your other drives?

Can you please post a picture of your disk management MMC snapin?

Reaction score
I got the same problem.. and the reason i want to install intel matrix storage is because it enables the PnP (hot swap) of my e-sata controler... is there any solution?

(I am using Asus P5Q WS motherboard)

Ask a Question