Backup failing on Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Reaction score
I'm guessing I need this? By why is the backup failing on this folder
ProgramFiles/Intel/Intel Matrix Storage Manager. If look for the file mentioned in the error, it is there, but the error says 'can't find the file specifiied'. Can't figure out how to backup my pc if i can't get past this error?

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome,

why is the backup failing on this folder
ProgramFiles/Intel/Intel Matrix Storage Manager. If look for the file mentioned in the error, it is there, but the error says 'can't find the file specifiied'.
Could you clarify what is the error exactly? Feel free to attach the screenshot.

Reaction score
Actually, it is seeming to error sporadically in the backup. A couple of days ago it wasn't even making it 25% through the backup without erroring. Now, it error at 80% with the attached errors in the event viewer.
BkpErr1.jpg BkpErr2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Well, just what it says, something's not right with your shadow copy - maybe permissions, maybe it doesn't exist anymore, maybe not enough disk space. Disable your Antivirus too.

Check the event log and try the online help, there's not much on that error in Google.

Reaction score
What is a shadow copy, and where do I find it? And how do I know if it is too big or it has the right permissions?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The shadow copy is the backup image. According to the message something went wrong on the C: drive: an IO error, IO is input/output, in other words there was an error on either a read or a write.

Are you trying to store the backup to the same drive you are backing up? This is not really recommended.

Have you created any libraries that could cause a cyclic redundancy as this can also be a problem for backups. In other words to you have for example My Pictures Under My Documents and then have a library in My Pictures which points back to My Documents; if so the backup can follow the chain in a circle forever or at least until it runs out of resources. This would also be possible if, for instance, you tell it to store the back-up file under My Documents and then you select My Documents as what gets backed up; hopefully you can see how this would cause problems.

Last edited:

Ask a Question