Installing Abby finereader on win 7 x64

Reaction score
Hi when I try to install Abby Finereader, the newest version, I get an error message. I have tried running under amin right, disabling avg, giving app and folder full permission,nothing works.

2e4jd7c.jpg

any help please.:mad::(

Reaction score
Angeleye~

What type (make and model ) of printer/scanner do you have ??

The reason I ask, is on some occasions the printer/scanner software you get with it will have the file/program you need to covert the scanned image/document to a PDF.

I know with my printer (Kodak ESP3250) it came with it's own OCR software to be able to convert a scanned document to a PDF file.

~LoneWolf

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it were me I would probably turn off UAC just for the install (control panel > user accounts .... Change User Account Control Settings > Never notify) and see if that works.

If not then I would suspect permissions have been set improperly because C:\Programdata IS meant to be an area for programs to store and access data.

Reaction score
Hi when I try to install Abby Finereader, the newest version, I get an error message. I have tried running under amin right, disabling avg, giving app and folder full permission,nothing works.

View attachment 5611

any help please.:mad::(
Hi There
I had exactly the same problem with the new Win 7 64bit machine that I built.

Luckily, I kept the old XP machine and it works fine.

I have now puchased a laser all in one to compliment my new Win 7 machine and that comes with ocr anyway but its always good to have a backup.

Oh yes the XP all in one Epson DX 4000 with Abby Finereader and the Win7 all in one Samsung SCX-4623F

Hope the above helps you

Tony
:)

Reaction score
May be the problem that occurs is due to that its is not supported by windows 7 64 bit.. The software that you want to install may be for windows XP.

Ask a Question