reinstalling windows

Reaction score
Hi all I haven't been here in a while but you all have helped me in the past. Strange things were happening on my computer that I couldn't solve so I decided to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows. when I attempt to reinstall I get this message. Load Driver. A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppydisk,CD,DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.
I have reinstalled windows before and have never seen this message if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks Eric

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Apparently something in your computer hardware is not recognized by W7. This could be several things, for example if your harddrive is set up as a RAID drive in the BIOS then you would have to install those drivers. Or if you are installing from a USB stick then you have to use a USB 2.0 connection because 3.x did not exist when W7 came out.

Basically you have to get the divers for your computer hardware and put them on a CD or USB stick so it/they can be installed when it asks for it/them

Ask a Question