Install tutorial for Windows 7

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The OS has been out for a while now. But still there are too many posts concerning botched installations.
Around the web, it is not quite so easy to find a really comprehensive walkthrough for the procedure. I have constructed a document, with pictures, which is ideal for the beginner, or, perhaps, even those moving on from an earlier OS.
It is available for download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m061ppcc1e15lj8/Install3.doc

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Good Job davehc! Why don't you go ahead and post it in the User Articles section?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Well. It is a link. I had thought about it, but I didn,t think it would fit in there, as a link only. It is too large for an attachement, however.
Ian?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's an excellent tutorial Dave - really good work there! :D

If you'd like it to appear in the main articles section, I can convert the .doc file to an article page so that it will appear without opening? I'm sure that the members here would find this really useful.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
We need a excellent set of install instructions on the site. I've read of countless botched installs on this site myself, yet I don't understand the big deal in some of the cases. It's really not that hard to install Windows 7. I've clean installed it many times on different computers, having no driver disc, basically installing it, and hoping that it worked. And it did. I've yet to have one botched install to date, on a few different computers built from 2004 to date, regular installs, VM installs, dual boot, inside of Linux.

Windows 7 is the easiest Windows OS that I've installed ever.

Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I do agree with Cat. But still they don't learn.
Thanks for the compliments. I must say however, that whilst there was a lot of editing involved, for expediency I took random graphics (some I did myself) from various sources, including Microsoft. But, as I said in my post, I felt it all needed to be put together in a more ongoing and readable form.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll get this online in the next couple of days :).

Out of interest, do you still have the .jpg graphics you used in the article still? Not to worry if not, as I can copy/paste them from Word and re-save them again.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I,ll search them out. May be a small delay- its the weekend - gardening chores!!!

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question