Install IE6 on Windows7

Reaction score
Dear All,

Currently we have IE9 in our Windows 7 pc's.

I want to install IE6 on our Window7 PC for application support.
We have some application that doesn't support by IE9 so, i want to install IE6 on my Window7. Please help me out to configure IE6 for free on Window7(Solution should be free).

I have been googling since last two days for the solution but no result.

Please help me out to do so.

Thanks and Regards
Monoj Das
Oracle DBA

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Internet Explorer 6 has never been available for Windows 7, so I don't know if you will have much luck with a full integration.

If it is just to test rendering, then you could use something like IETester. If you need a full version of IE6, then I think you'll have to virtualise XP and test IE6 in that. Here's a link to a free VHD download from MS, although you may need to click the "view more" link to see the IE6 download.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows 7 specifically shipped with IE8 and I suspect you can't get anything lower than IE8 to run in native W7. You can run IE6 in Virtual PC - XP mode if you have Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise; download it from Microsoft >>HERE<<. IE6 is included as part of the Windows XP install options. Be sure to install an anti-virus software inside the Virtual XP environment because the A/V from the Win7 side will have little effect in the virtual environment (at least until they try to save a file).

Or it might be time to update your application.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i don't think iE6 is available for WIN7, but its better to go what TrainableMan has said.

Ask a Question