Since my last post, I installed Home premium 64Bit and tried the program. I found a problem was that the installer was unable to locate where to put the GpEdit.msc file.
I have zipped Gpedit.msc (64Bit) here: (http://www.filefactory.com/fil
Download, Unzip and move it to Windows - System32. Now, try, in the RUN box Gpedit.msc.”
Now I have Installed the 32Bit Home.With the previous suggestion, it works for both 32Bit and 64Bit. you MUST run the installer, but it cannot find the path so then you should manually transfer the unzipped GPedit.msc to System32. The installer sets up the .dlls and other items.
This was the premium! But hopefully it also applies to Basic,
There were reports that it also inserts a copy into WOW64. You can see if you can locate it, and create a shortcut from it to your desktop, or:
Add to your Environment Variables
Open through :
1. Right Click Computer, click on properties
2. Click on Environment Variables...
3. Search "Path" from the System Variables box,
4. add the following text (without quotes) :
5. close all the open windows
6. try to run gpedit.msc from the run box
I would suggest a backup of your OS, before trying this. It did work for me on 64 and 32Bit.