instaling Red Alert 3 direct x problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
when i try to instal red alert 3. the proces bar doesent continue when instaling direct x. i even tryed to let it go a cople of hours but no luck. dxdiag version:6.01.7601.17514.
tryed a update of directx manualy. but it says i have a newer one.

can someone help me instal the game.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You should be able to skip or bypass installing DirectX when installing the game.

A lot of game installs want to do this, but usually the version of DirectX on the Windows 7 platform is newer than what the game wants to install. All DirectX is backwards compatible, so therefore installing v6 would be redundant. DirectX 10 or 11 would be compatible with your game install.

Reaction score
You should be able to skip or bypass installing DirectX when installing the game.

A lot of game installs want to do this, but usually the version of DirectX on the Windows 7 platform is newer than what the game wants to install. All DirectX is backwards compatible, so therefore installing v6 would be redundant. DirectX 10 or 11 would be compatible with your game install.
i tryed that. and there is no option to skip or bypass directx. the only 2 steps that are bevore the instal are: 1. language/serial and 2. instal pad.

Reaction score
Try this:
Even If you PC is running latest DirectX, Download and re-install the latest DirectX from Microsoft website. May be some files are corrupt.
Make sure that games recommended requirement is met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question