This IS One For The Road....Redmond, Wa...."You Know What"

Reaction score
Well, Windows 7 fans, here is something new I've never witness before. This came about when I couldn't get any WIN 7 Updates installed after I removed from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 Home. I remembered that I have burned three DVD of the Windows 7 Home OS, and had them other than the Factory Recovery Disc that came with the computer.

Today, I decided to use these three discs to see if I could get the PC to except the updates. All went very smoothly and there was 16 updates ready to be installed when I went to check for updates... that also included Windows 7 SP1. That went well and when I was downloading Microsoft Security Essentials, the computer stopped and after a minute or so here's what showed up on the monitor.

"Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. You are no longer receiving any Security Windows Updates, security fixes that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10 for the latest security features and protection against malware. Your computer will no longer work with Windows 7 Home."

Well, that did it for me with Microsoft. I'm buying elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question