No Sound on Acer m1641 after instaling new drivers

Reaction score
Have just reinstalled win 7 build 7201 32 bit after trying the 64 bit and giving up on the sound problem.
I was running win7 32 bit fine before with sound before insatlling the 64 bit version all fresh installs.
Now no sound nada!!, i have the realtek updated drivers that worked fine on the first install.
The ironic thing is that i have the 32 bit win 7 running fine on my hp notebook and it flies!
wondering if reinstalling the original version of vista and cleaning my HD and then reinstalling win 7 mite help¿¿¿. but before i do that any bright ideas out there would be greatly appreciated

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know the model of the soundcard on the Acer m1641, as I can't find much information on that model.

Once you know which type of onboard soundcard you have, try downloading the latest driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

They have 32 and 64 bit drivers for Windows 7 :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ian, I have formated my hard drive section that I was installing to and reinstalled win7 build 7232 64 bit and no probs what soever, have just updated the nvidia driver and realtek sound driver as well with no probs so far all is swimmingly great!!.
Just taking a stroll around win 7 at the moment to see if I can spot any changes. seams very slick and quick.
Kind Regards

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's working firepin, welcome to the site :D

Ask a Question